Friday, December 26, 2008

Linus Van Pelt says it all...

Good Evening Everyone,

I hope that you all had a very nice Christmas. Our unit had a nice Christmas Eve celebration and then on Christmas day our post had a parade. I will share those pictures with you tomorrow. But for tonight as I reflect back on another Christmas I can't help but to think that somehow the true meaning of Christmas has been lost and I am afraid it may never be found. So, I was wondering if anyone even remembers the true meaning of Christmas? I thought about it almost all day when out of the blue I remembered a scene from 'A Charlie Brown Christmas' Towards the end of the program, Charlie Browns sad tree had been decorated to look very pretty. Linus decides to stand up in front of everyone at the party and remind his friends what the true meaning of Christmas was all about. Here is what Linus said,

8And there were in the same country shepherds abiding in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night. 9And, lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the Lord shone round about them: and they were sore afraid. 10And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people. 11For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord. 12And this shall be a sign unto you; Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger. 13And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God, and saying, 14Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men.' That's what Christmas is all about, Charlie Brown."

"Out of the mouth of babes the truth is spoken."

God Bless that Linus, he may have been the last person in America to be able to tell the truth about Christ on National T.V.

I have nothing more to add to Linus' Scripture recital. He has said it all.

May the Lord touch your lives and may your holiday season be safe and joyful.

Jeff



1 comment:

Tony C said...

Hope all is well. Thank you for doing what you do so my family could celebrate Christmas in freedom.

My youngest one was watching Handy Manny on the Disney Channel and Manny went into the Biblical story of Christmas. I was shocked but pleased.

A safe and blessed New Years to you and your unit.